Ok, this recipe is super duper easy. Especially if you make someone else work the grill.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic (I like garlic granules)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- romaine lettuce
- bell peppers
- lime juice
- Start your grill.
- Put the fajita in a bowl, tray, or some other kind of dish to contain it. Blot it with a paper towel if you like.
- Dust the surface of the meat with the cumin, garlic, and chili powder.
- Sprinkle or paint on the coconut oil and massage it in a bit.
- Slap that baby on the grill once it’s hot. We cook ours for about 6 minutes per side and get a medium rare steak – go longer if you like it more done. Note that cook times and their corresponding doneness will vary. Watch your meat and do it the way you like it.
- While the meat is cooking, cut up your fixins.
- Slice the meat against the grain in thin strips.
- If you are like me, pile everything up in a bowl. If you are more coordinated, neatly place everything on a lettuce leaf and eat it like a wrap (not once has this ended well for me). Sprinkle on some lime juice.