I thought I was done reading blogs today – Bil can’t fathom how I get so little done on weekends – until I sat down to eat my leftovers. I don’t often rave about my own cooking. But hot damn, were these good. And FAST.
- hot dogs (I used a pack of Applegate Farms)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Tbsp bacon fat (or fat of choice)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- sea salt
- Start up the grill for the hot dogs (or start boiling water).
- Brown & break up the beef in a saute pan.
- Dice up the onion and mince or press the garlic.
- Push the beef to the perimeter and drop in the fat.
- Drop in the onion and garlic, and let it cook until it gets translucent.
- Add in your spices.
- Drain and add in your tomatoes.
- Stir, leave on low until your hot dogs are done.
- Put the hot dogs on the grill or in the water; cook until done.
- Put a dog on a plate, put some chili on top.
- Eat it. With some kind of veg. Yum.